Sergio Aguero

The last time before now that I was in any way invested in Sergio Aguero was when I had picked him for my fantasy football team in 2012/13.  He got injured on the first day of the season that time!  

Now I am invested in him again after taking up Paddy Power on their top scorer promotion.  I have 20 on him at 6/1.  I have been collecting free 2 bets each time he scores and so far have made back 13.83 of the initial 20 on the winnings from these free bets.  But when Saturday came and news trickled in about his injury all those feelings from my failed fantasy team episode came rushing back.

Paddy Power were quick to take down the market for top goal scorer while rumours and speculation played out about the extent of the injury.  They have finally put the market back up today (3 days later) and to my surprise the value of my investment has not fallen all that far.  

EPL Top Scorer Betting Trend
I am certainly tempted to put some insurance against Aguero.  After my free bets are taken into account I would only need another €6 to break even at least.  Costa at 11/10 looks very generous - considering his only realistic rival is out for a lengthy injury.  Current news is that Aguero could be out for up to 7 weeks, which will span the busy Christmas period.

Costa is sure to close the gap to Aguero and open up a lead of his own before the Man City star plays again.  It will then be a straight shootout till the end of the season, with the question being will Aguero have enough time to reassert himself on the top of the pile?

Follow me on twitter @FoG_BLoG, or on facebook /fog2014.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bet Unfair

Deconstructing WDL and O/U 2.5 goals odds.

Chrome Extension 1000