FIFA should Stick to Football

FIFA need to stick to football and stay away from maths.

The latest blunder relates to the points awarded to Netherlands and Brazil.  See the screenshot from their website this afternoon below.

3 * 2.5 * 101 * 0.99 = 749.925.  Now I have no problem with FIFA rounding this down.  But...

3 * 1 * 171 * 0.995 = 510.435.  And normally I would have no problem with FIFA rounding this up.

But is there one rule for Brazil and another for Netherlands?

Round up or Round down?


I wouldn't even mention this because 1 single point averaged out over a couple dozen games makes a negligible difference.  However it seems to highlight the fact that FIFA don't pay much attention to the detail.  

This comes in recent months where I also noticed a slight misrepresentation of the calculations


And what I consider a pretty major blunder in the rankings that may have effected the World Cup seedings which I blogged about here: http://fog2014.blogspot.ie/2014/07/world-cup-seeding-blunder.html.

Follow me on twitter @FoG_BLoG, or on facebook /fog2014.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bet Unfair

Deconstructing WDL and O/U 2.5 goals odds.

Chrome Extension 1000