Again, you read it here first!

It has happened again only about a month after my article about Provisional Fifa Rankings inspired the likes of the Mirror and ESPN who also picked up the story of England's record drop.  

Back then I had tweeted this days before the Mirror and ESPN articles on the same subject.

And now Pinnacle Sports published a very similar article just a few days after my blog post on Poisson Predictions where I calculated a 57% chance of win for Man Utd.  Their article can be found at http://www.pinnaclesports.com/online-betting-articles/strategy/soccer/poisson.aspx.  

The Poisson Distribution is not ground breaking news, Simeon Denis Poisson first described it back in 1837 and even then it was based on previous work by de Moivre in 1711.  I am also aware that it surely has been applied to sports betting for years now.  So I'm not claiming that I came up with the theory.

However Pinnacle's article is coincidentally published in the same week as mine and they happen to base their example on the same match Man Utd vs Swansea.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bet Unfair

Deconstructing WDL and O/U 2.5 goals odds.

Chrome Extension 1000