The Last Word on Aguero

Everyone that knows me is sick to the back teeth of hearing about how I tipped Aguero for top scorer at the beginning of the season - made my money back on free bets - and won the 6/1 payout on the Argentinian star. So this will be my last post on the matter.

Did I get lucky, or was it a solid strategy.

The big draw for me was the free bets. Paddy power were offering a €2 free bet for every goal scored.

So lets take a look at what odds were on offer at the beginning of season.


Top Scorer odds recorded from @paddypower on 15th Aug 2014
Of the top 5 preseason fancies some fared well, others not so good. Van Persie scored 10, Costa 20, Aguero 26, Sturridge 4 and Rooney 12. That is a total of 72 goals, or €144 in free bets. Read here to see how to convert that €144 in free bets into up to about €115. To back all 5 strikers would have cost you €100 - so you are probably even or on a small profit just from the free bets before the winner is announced.

When the winner is announced, unless there is another Harry Kane (except a bit better), you are virtually guaranteed to pick up the big prize too if you have backed the 5 favourites. For Aguero this year I picked up €120.

I will have my eyes peeled for a similar offer for next season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bet Unfair

Deconstructing WDL and O/U 2.5 goals odds.

Chrome Extension 1000