Nailing a big Accumulator

So I finally nailed the Paddy Power 5-fold UK Accumulator.  In a previous article here I had estimated only averaging a 8.53c return on each 10c staked.  

So how did I compare? Well as discussed in the other article I was not convinced of the value even with the 20% bonus so I stuck to the minimum of 10c bets.  I made 8 bets in total and finally on the last week of the promotion I hit the win which didn't quite save the experiment but at least it wasn't a total washout.  

The accumulator won 53c but the 20% bonus should push my winnings up to 64c.  So I won 64 back eventually after staking a total of 80c which is an average of 8c back on every 10c staked.  This is quite close to my estimated return according to my previous article. 

So it looks like in practice and in theory the advice here is to be very cautious of long accumulators even if they are dressed up with money back offers, or bonuses.  The bookie's edge accumulates on each leg like compound interest and virtually wipes out any chance the punter my have.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bet Unfair

Deconstructing WDL and O/U 2.5 goals odds.

Chrome Extension 1000