Matched Betting

So I have been running strategies on bookie's promotions to try and extract profit. For example horses, accumulatorsfootball and tennis promotions. It turns out that most of my systems were just matched betting without the matched part!

Matched betting is a real thing and even has a wiki page on the real wiki. There are lots of websites and thousands of people making money off matched betting - for example Profit Accumulator and MatchedBettingBlog. There is even an app for it.

My strategies compared to matched betting

My system assumed a cost per qualifying bet of about 10%, this seems to be the norm for matched betters as well but with a bit of time spent looking for close odds in the exchanges matched betters can probably get this cost down.

Matched betters need not stick to the favourites either, on my qualifying bets if I moved past the odds on favourites then the cost per bet increased, matched betters can find quite good matches for odds even at 10/1.

My system required a bit of a bank roll. With matched betting you keep your cost per bet constant and extract a constant value from your free bets. My systems relied on the same cost/value per bet but averaged over a much longer period, so in the short term you could be really bad off (or well off I guess).

My system has too clear advantages though. Its much easier - you don't have to understand exchanges or hunt tight odds. It may be more profitable in the long term too as you are making savings by not having to pay an exchange any commission.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bet Unfair

Deconstructing WDL and O/U 2.5 goals odds.

Chrome Extension 1000